"Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."

-William Shakespeare

Monday, July 26, 2010

She's covered in leather and gold/ twenty one years old/ i lost her in the cold/ it's unfair, she's out there

“Hey,” I said in a surprisingly weak voice. I quickly tried to clear it. The air was clean and crisp; the stars made the mellow midnight blue sky sparkle. It was a real fine night with him. “Hi,” he said in a heavy voice. “God your eyes can kill a guy, you know,” he gasped, rubbing the corner of my eyes then to caress my cheek. “Johnny,” I sighed, shaking my head in disagreeance. My eyes were welling up with trembling tears. I hate crying, especially in front of people; and in front of Johnny for Pete’s-sake. “Johnny I-,” I broke off as the ground blurred; I bit my lower lip impatiently. I knew my eyeliner just looked like a smeared mess across my cheeks now. Damn, I don’t know if it’s waterproof or not… hopefully. I tried desperately to look away and get my hair to cover my crumpled face, but he was stronger. He pulled me closer to his warm, comforting body and cradled me in his arms. “Baby, shut up,” he said in a low steady voice, then to kiss me. My eyes closed, crushing the tears from my heavy eyelids. His lips are finally on mine, I thought greedily. My hands ran threw his feather soft hair. His hand sat lightly on the nap of my back as the other wiped away my tears. His lips moved so sweetly around mine; they felt like a tender clasp. We were feverish, desperate, calm, passionate, and sad all at the same time. He moved his hands to my face to cup my cheeks in his palms. We both pulled away at the same time, gasping wildly for air.

an excerpt from my book... again... [x


Somewhere in Brooklyn- Bruno Mars

No comments:

Post a Comment