"Be not afraid of greatness; some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon them."

-William Shakespeare

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

West Side Story [1961]


Tony: I- I didn't believe hard enough.
Maria: Loving is enough.
Tony: Not here. They won't let us be.
Maria: Then we'll run away.
Tony: Yeah, we can.
Maria: Yes.
Tony: We will...
Maria: [singing] Hold my hand and we are halfway there, hold my hand and I'll take you there. Somehow! Someday! Some...

Tony- Richard Beymer
Maria- Natalie Wood

We were watching this in English because we're about to read Romeo and Juliet and West Side Story is an adaption of it. It was nice. I liked it because it was based in the '50's with rumbles and New York street gangs and whatnot...
SONG QUOTE:
"Now if you love me, baby, this is how you let me know. Don't ever let me go. That's how you let me know, baby."
Young Forever- Jay-Z

No comments:

Post a Comment